[Either The Government Is Out Right Lying About Number, Again... Or They Are Getting Ready To Wipe Alot Of People From This Earth To Make Up The Number They Are Missing. No Fear Mongering, Let Get Our Heads Around This Number.]
by Susanne Posel, Activist Post
The British Journal Lancet Infectious Diseases published a study claiming that the swine flu has killed an estimated 579,000; fifteen times higher than laboratory tests had previously confirmed.
The World Health Organization (WHO) had originally supposed only 18,500. At the time, WHO claimed that this number was a gross underestimate. They said that undocumented deaths in Africa and Southeast Asia could raise the number, but by how much they were not sure.
Fatimah Dawood, of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and lead researcher of the study said:
This pandemic really did take an enormous toll. Our results also suggest how best to deploy resources. If a vaccine were to become available, we need to make sure it reached the areas where the death toll is likely to be highest.
The H1N1 virus, a.k.a. swine flu, was first detected in Mexico in 2009. It later migrated to California and quickly spread worldwide.
- Swine flu likely claimed 250,000 lives (bigpondnews.com)
- H1N1 pandemic was 15 times deadlier than thought (crofsblogs.typepad.com)
- Swine flu outbreak 15 times deadlier than thought (vitals.msnbc.msn.com)
- Swine flu likely claimed quarter of a million lives: study (thehimalayantimes.com)
- Swine flu’s shocking real toll: 265,000 more than anyone realised (independent.co.uk)